- Learn to read the Tea Leaves when politicians speak.
- Do they do as they personally say and say as they do?
- Do we hear logic or platitudes, however nice to hear, but without a shred of how they expect to accomplish their goal(s) in a world ever more complex and changing?
- Do they answer direct questions or do they divert into their own agendas?
- If they don't know the answer, do they promise to get it and do, or do they bluff or bluster?
- Should we not believe off-hand remarks—they reveal the real, unguarded person?
- Research the characters of politicians running for office.
- Set examples of moderation.
- Be life-long learners, for peace will be elusive for as long as a sociopath can rule. We must be vigilant!
The last bullet is perhaps the most important.
Posted by RoadToPeace on Saturday, September 15, 2007.